Goals for Version 0.6
With version 0.5.102, Dance of Death reached a stable point and is ready for its next major features: the world map and wilderness. I definitely have my work cut out for me for 0.6, and though the goals list below is short, it is a meaty one.
In addition to wilderness generation, v0.6 will begin to reflect the results of a recent discussion in r.g.r.d. regarding gender bonuses and the social responsibilities of game developers at large. What begun as a simple disagreement regarding gender bonuses evolved into a source of inspiration that helped me define where I want to take the gameworld as a whole, the fruits of which will be seen throughout the next releases.
The following are the goals for Dance of Death v0.6:
- World generator.
- Wilderness area generator.
- Ability to move between wilderness areas.
- Ability to move between a wilderness area and the world map.
- Moving at the world map level.
- Entering a wilderness area from the world map.
- Entering a dungeon from a wilderness area.
- Exiting from a dungeon onto a wilderness area.
- Improved name generator.
- Gender bonuses tweak.
- New playable races.
- Rework main quest to include the wilderness.
- Saving the world map.
- When the game loses focus, add a “Paused, click to continue.” overlay to ensure the keyboard focus is always correctly active.
Thanks again to everyone for your support and meaningful discussions; you have played a crucial part in keeping the development momentum strong!